ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752763 Members
4633 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help Me to solve Problem of installing windows Server 2012 R2 in HP Server Proliant DL380p G8

SOLVED
Go to solution
nahed
Advisor

Help Me to solve Problem of installing windows Server 2012 R2 in HPE Server Proliant DL380p G8

Hi,

I have HP Proliant server DL380P G8 but when I try to install windows server from IP 1.7 after restart the server and loading the windows Setup is starting I get error message ("Windows Setup incountered an internal Error while loading or searching for an unattend answer file.

21 REPLIES 21
denis_b
HPE Pro

Re: Help Me to solve Problem of installing windows Server 2012 R2 in HP Server Proliant DL380p G8

@nahedDid you try another installation DVD? Seems there's some problem with current one.

As alternative way - you can try to install WS 2k8 directly to server using driver for RAID controller.

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

Vador
HPE Pro

This could be a possible issue with the OS image too. Can you try a manual OS install, i.e. without IP, and check? If the same issue persists, try a different OS Image OR download a fresh image and test it out.

Regards,

Vador

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

nahed
Advisor

thank U @denis_b for your Reply, I try to install diferent version of Windws server 2012 R2 And 2008 R2 from DVD and Also from USB but same Error I get every time, also I try to install Windows Direct without IP the I get another Error Mesage (" Windowes cannot be installed to this disk. this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.").

nahed
Advisor

thank u @Vador for your reply but I try to install without IP it give me Error (" Windowes cannot be installed to this disk. this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.").

Vador
HPE Pro

What is the model of the controller being used on this server?

Regards,

Vador

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

denis_b
HPE Pro

@nahedCan you please collect AHS log and attach to reply

Manul is here http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/docs/iss/DL360pGen8/tsg/advanced/Content/151471.htm

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

nahed
Advisor

the controller Model : HP smart array 420i

nahed
Advisor

@denis_b  the AHS log in sendspace uploding use the follow link to download :- https://www.sendspace.com/file/zqtfg7

denis_b
HPE Pro

@nahedI don't see any HW issue with this server. It looks operational. Maybe there's some components FW incompatibility, because FW level is very different for components.

I'd recommend to update server using SPP Gen8.1, but you should have valid support to download it.

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo