ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752287 Members
4679 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help Me to solve Problem of installing windows Server 2012 R2 in HP Server Proliant DL380p G8

SOLVED
Go to solution
nahed
Advisor

Re: Help Me to solve Problem of installing windows Server 2012 R2 in HP Server Proliant DL380p G8

@denis_bI dont have a valid support . is ther another way to fix this issue.

denis_b
HPE Pro

@nahedReally not sure. Installation should work. Do you have some other HPE server with active support?

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

nahed
Advisor

@denis_bno. the support of this server expire one year ago

DeepaD
HPE Pro

Windows Server 2012 R2 is very much supported on HP Server Proliant DL380p G8. The error you encounter is due to the issue with the OS image. Try to use another ISO image to isolate the issue.

If the issue persists with another image, then try with manual or PXE installation.

Before you proceed with OS installation, please confirm if the RAID has been configured, then proceed.

Hope this Helps !

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

nahed
Advisor

Hi @DeepaD I try to install Windows server 2012 R2 also Windows server 2008 R2 And windows server 2016 all I face the same problem & I try to install manual without IP but I get error ("Windowes cannot be installed to this disk. this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.").

nahed
Advisor

in starting up of the server ther are message come in the last of the screen :-

Bios Adapter 0 disabled

Bios Adapter 1 disabled

Rom BIOS not installed

this message normal or maybe this is make the problem of installation.

see the screenshot in attach pic.

denis_b
HPE Pro

It's BIOS of FC adapter, but not server. My recommendation regarding updates are still valid :(

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

DeepaD
HPE Pro

Hi,

Is there a Fibre card installed. If so, please remove the card and try installing the operating system.

Also confirm the boot order & Raid is configured.

Hope this Helps !

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

nahed
Advisor

@denis_bfor the SPP update can I buy license because the support contract expire since a year ago

denis_b
HPE Pro

@nahedthere's no licenses for downloading some SW. It's required to have valid contract. Normally it's minimum 1 year, but you can ask local sales for 1 month contract. Sometimes it's possible.

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo