3187 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help Needed With DL360 Server

ReelTackle1965
Occasional Visitor

Help Needed With DL360 Server

Hi Guys

I have a DL360 G5 server and I had someone install it into a data centre about 4 months ago.

Everything has been great except I have been thinking it is running slow so tonight I changed the Network setting to 100mb half duplex to see if that helped.

Now I cannot acess the Ilo and pinging the IP says full packet data loss.

My website is online and working fine,just the Ilo in inaccessable.

Can anyone please offer any suggestions on how to get back into my Ilo.

My server IP is 103.4.16.61

Also I think my server was never setup correctly and I have no idea on how to do it.

I also don't know if he has setup the hard drives correctly so I was hoping I may be able to find someone here who could offer some help to login and configure my server correctly,update any software and drivers ect.

I am happy to pay someone to help out with this as I get totally confused when I try and understand the manuals for this server.

If you can offer any help,please let me know asap.

Thanks

Lance

4 REPLIES 4
Dave73
Regular Advisor

Can you remote to the desktop ? If so you can go to:

Windows start

All programes

Hp System tools

Hp Lights out online configuration utility

The application will open.

Network tab at the top

You will then be able to change the speed.

ReelTackle1965
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I do not have that remote access from my computer.

I seem to be able to login using putty but I do not know how to use it or what to do.

Is there any other options to change this network setting.

Also is there a download for this remote console software that I can try and connect with.

Thanks again

Lance

Dave73
Regular Advisor

Hi Reel

Sorry, i assumed you were running a windows server - the console would be a remote desktop connection.

I do not know if it can be set via putty.

You can how ever change the setting via ribcl - ilo's cmd line as it were.

Read about how to do it here - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02237707.pdf

You will need cpqlocfg.exe - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4154735&prodNameId=4154847&swEnvOID=4006&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-36cecb9dd4554793a25db78e4a

You would GET the network settings from the ilo, do you changes in the xml output file, and then send it to the ilo.

ReelTackle1965
Occasional Visitor

Thanks again Dave for taking the time to offer some help.

My host got in and reset the switch to match the network changes i made so all is good now to access the iLO.

Now that I have proved that I can break this thing is anyone willing to help out with updating all the software and drivers,ect and installing anything that I need plus checking the various settings.

I am more than happy to slip someone a few bucks if they can help.

Thanks

Lance