ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752777 Members
6102 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help!!! Proliant 3000 - How do I get back to a clean slate???!!!

Stan_55
Advisor

Help!!! Proliant 3000 - How do I get back to a clean slate???!!!

Hi,
Yesterday I was pulling my hair out as I tried to reinstall Windows 2000. After I rebooted, the server started playing up. (see my 2 previous entries below in this forum for the story.)

I want to start from scratch. I previously installed Smart Start5 and Win 2000. After I was having problems, I formatted C: and put the Smart Start CD back in. It seems that Smart Start is still installed. How do I go back to a clean system where I can re install Smart Start and my Operating system again.

I have tried the System Delete disk, the Config Disks and I still can't seem to have any joy...Please Help. I have also tried moving the Drives around. All I get now is that the Hard Drives do not exist???
Thanks
Stan..
4 REPLIES 4
Bryan_96
Occasional Advisor

Re: Help!!! Proliant 3000 - How do I get back to a clean slate???!!!

When booting from smartstart have you selected the "system erase" option ?
Stan_55
Advisor

Hi, I have tried the System Erase, however, it doesn't seem to get rid of the Smart Start info. When I first loaded the Smart Start it went through an install process. It isn't doing that at the moment. I want a completely clean install for Smart Start and the OS..

Thanks
Stan..
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Stan,

Some System Erase utility versions did not work properly so try the following: -

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17918.html

I hope this helps.

Brian
Stan_55
Advisor

Thanks Brian,
I have already downloaded and used this Disk. After using it and inserting the Smart Start CD It still tells me that components are already installed and give me severald utilities I can use from Smart Start. Any other suggestions??

Regards.
Stan..