Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Proliant 4020 Series Info!!!

Stan_55
Advisor

Help!!! Proliant 4020 Series Info!!!

Hi,
I am hoping I might get some help here.. I have just purchased a Proliant with Dual P2 333 CPU's.

The sticker on the side of the Rack Mounted Server Id's it as a 4020 Series. I have contacted HP in Australia and the gentleman I spoke to today couldn't find any info on it.. I am desperately after a User Manual for it, System info, anything. I want to learn about Servers and this looks like a lot of fun. I want to install Win 2000 on it and run my other home pc's off it.. Can anyone help please??

There are several numbers on the server. I think that 304475-008 is the Serial No. There is also a barcode with 7823BX620056 on the back. If it is known by any other name, please let me know..

I have attached a photo. I hope it comes out ok..

Thanks in anticipation..
Stan..
5 REPLIES
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: Help!!! Proliant 4020 Series Info!!!

Hi Stan,

just had a look at the photo. Looks like "3000" written on the label in the middle. That 12-digit number is the serial number (it's seven years old). You also might want a SmartStart CD to help set it up. You can download an ISO-image for it here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html

It's the older 5.50 version, which you need for the older servers.
If you use SmartStart to set it up, it might ask you for a SmartStart Profile Diskette. To make one of these, take a blank formatted floppy, create an empty text file called spd.ini on the disk and that's it.

Have fun!
Stephen
Stan_55
Advisor

Hi Vijay and Stephen,
Thanks to you both for your replies... I found one of these on Ebay.uk as well which I thought looked just like mine... Your replies confirm this for me... I am not sure why it has 4020 Series on the side panel?? Anyway,now I know I can get started setting it all up...

I am thinking of running Win 2000 on this server.. Would that work Ok??

Thanks Again
Stan..
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Windows 2000 will work on Proliant 3000
Use proliant support pack/drivers from this page:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1112.html
Try to update all server firmware to last versions before windows installation
Stan_55
Advisor

Thanks to all who responded.. It answered my question.. I have raised a new thread with a question on how to get hold of a the SmartStart 5.50 ISO, apart from downloading it from the hp site..