1748089 Members
4708 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help, Server Newbie, Need Scsi Array Driver

Cameron_28
Advisor

Help, Server Newbie, Need Scsi Array Driver

Hello, im new to servers and have just bought myself a HP Proliant ML330 G3 Server Tower, it has x2 36gb scsi drives on the SCSI Raid card which is in a pci slot on the mobo. I have setup the 2 drives for RAID0 which i want to use. i now logically have a 68.9gb Drive. Im now tring to install Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. it gets into the setup and then says no hard drives found.... so i rebooted setup and pressed F6 for a Scsi raid card drive.... i don't know what driver to use or what to do.. any help would be apericated
10 REPLIES 10
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Hi Cameron!

You need to boot form Smart Start CD (included in server shipment). It will help you to install OS with providing correct drivers of hardware "automatically" (install ProLiant Support Pack)

Post problems if appear
Cameron_28
Advisor

hello i don't have any cd's or floppys. where would i be able to download these from
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Find you card model and use with F6 driver or check Software - CD for latest SS CD.
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_5548.html
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Cameron_28
Advisor

yea ive had a look there i dunno what controller it is ive tried few but no luck
i took a HQ pic of the card.. www.bf2.co.nz/scsi.JPG - any one know what card it might be...
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Ruslan
Respected Contributor

This is Smart Array 642 model
Cameron_28
Advisor

ok, http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/69_5559.html - thers 3 differnet ones, ive downloaded and tried all 3, and tried all of the diff models once it loads up in the setup... no luck am i doing something wrong or what, im only on 256k but i still have that 400mb download going... my best option looks like ill wait for that and give that a try
Cameron_28
Advisor

.. downloaed the ISO burnt it to cd.. when it boots it it says the following

HP SmartStart 7.40
Copyright 2001, 2005 Hewlett-Packard Devlopment, L.P.
SmartStart: Disk error D7, drive 9F
Boot failed: press a key to retry...

tried several times no luck