9662 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help With SCSI Drive.

James Sheppard
Occasional Contributor

Help With SCSI Drive.

Hi there,
Im new to the server world, but here goes.
I installed Windows Server 2003. All is well, and working great. I downloaded the HP PSP I was told to download, and done all the drivers.
Well here goes my question.
I had a few friends around last night, and one of them pulled one of the hard drives out of its slot. Nothing poped up in windows saying anything was wrong, so I just left it.
Well when I opend the Hp Array Config, I have and unused space which I never had before. I have also noticed the lights on the hard drive which was pulled out are all solid. None blink, no flash, nothing, where as the others blink, flash etc now and then. I have it set up for Raid 1+0. I guessed when the hard drive was placed back in, it should "rebuild" it self.
I having a real pain with this, as it comes up in the System Management Page to.
Thank you in advance for anyone that could help!
Oh, I nearly forgot to say aswell. When I load up the Array Config, Just above the Unused space, I have "Logical Drive 1 (34727 MB, Raid 1+0) and the little picture to the left, has a circle with a red cross in it. That to me means there is something wrong, and its asking for help.

Thanks again,
James
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

James

which server model?
which controller you are talking?
Array diagnostic utility report would he great to help you, as well as an screenshot from ACU

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
AMRIT RANJAN
Frequent Advisor

Hi James,
can you share snap shot of ACU it will be helpful to understand current senarion .