1752302 Members
5052 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help isntalling a SCSI hard drive

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Help isntalling a SCSI hard drive

I have an SCSI-2 50 pin hard drive, which i am planning to use with my proliant 1500. I isntaleld it, and set the ID to 6. However the computer fails to reckognize i have a hard drive installed there. I installed it on the same cable as the cd-rom. What can i do? I dont want to spend any more money, on my junk computer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello,
First of all is the SCSI cable terminated?? Secondly, did you run System Configuration utility?? How about the System BIOS?? Please check all those things and let us know.

Regards,
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I don't now what you mean by the cable being terminated. It has the SCSI cap on the end of it, with the circuitry inside. The one provided when i brought the 1500. I ran the SCU, but i do not know how to access the BIOS. I thought the SCU modified the BIOS
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Kyle,
The purpose of System Configuration Utility is to resetting your Hardware basically. This utility resets the system resources and once it's run you get a message that all the hardware has been configured and you can wither save or exit or review or modify the settings. If you need further assistance please contact our Tech Support at 1-800-652-6672.

Regards,
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Ok, I ran the SCU, now when i boot my computer it lists 8 drives, and there SCSI ID, along with "CRD - 254V" all are teh same, except for the SCSI ID, which increments by +1. Still no success with the hard drive.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Kyle,
Is your system BIOS uptodate??

Regards,
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I beleive it is updated to a 2000 standard. how would i check, and update?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Kyle,
Here is the link for your BIOS:
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/7548.html