ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752783 Members
5788 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help with Roaring ML150 fan!!

Bob_335

Help with Roaring ML150 fan!!

I have a new server that we have recently deployed for a customer. During the first week of testing the fan was quiet. Suddenly a few days after it was put into service the Fan switched to Turbo mode! The server is doing practically nothing, and the temperature is well within limits. I can't find any way to turn this beast down. Please respond if you have any ideas.
6 REPLIES 6
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Is this a ML150 g1 or G2? What OS is deployed?
Bob_335

The OS is sbs 2003 it is the ML 150 G2 Sata. It worked properly for awhile, but no longer.
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Bob_335

I checked the links you sent me. The bios is correct, but the support pack is not intended for my server.(ML150 g2 sata) Am I safe to install it? The only component of this package that I am looking for is something to do with controlling the fan speed.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

What are the fan settings in the F10 BIOS setup? In the Monitor tab? The following settings appear on the ML150 G2 SATA model I have here for testing:

CPU fan around 2800~ rpm, the Rear fan 1600~, and front system fan 1900~

If the System BIOS is not current that will be the first thing to update.
Bob_335

I went over and checked the server yesterday. Here is the issue. When in the bios the only fan reporting a speed change is the front fan. It hovers around 2450 or so. The other fans all read 1100, and they do not fluctuate even though they all appear to be running at full speed. I checked the bios update and It appears that I have the latest. I ran it anyway just to eliminate that option. It's as if the actual speed sensor just stopped working? Let me know what's next.