1748164 Members
3769 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help!!

Damon Vogel

Help!!

I can't get my drives to be detected by the bios. They are a pair of Seagate St39140WC Medalists. Seagate doesn't even have them on their site. But they have pin adapters on each, and I think that I hace the ID's correct, but they aren't found by the bios. What do I do?
5 REPLIES 5
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: Help!!

Try the hard drives one at a time.. If they show up one by one most likely you probably have both of the hard drives set to the same SCSI ID. Otherwise you need to tell us what controller you have them on and what server.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Damon Vogel

I tried one to no effect. They have the pin adapters that are on the drives and they are clearly marked ID0 - ID3. The server is a prosignia 740 and I'm using the onboard scsi. What do I do?
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Here is a link for the hard drives. Maybe this will help. IF he drives are NOT ID'd at POST then try a different cable. Do you get any errors at POST?
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Here is a link for the hard drives. Maybe this will help.
http://www.thetechpage.com/cgi-bin/db/db.cgi?displayItem=2112
IF he drives are NOT ID'd at POST then try a different cable. Do you get any errors at POST?
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Damon Vogel

The only on thing that I noticed at post is that the lights on the keyboard blink 5 times. There are no beeps. I'm still checking up on the site that you gave me. Thank you.