1753349 Members
4854 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: High Processor Que Lenght

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

High Processor Que Lenght

The Processor cue Length averages 2.54, and the server is not busy. The Processor Utilization averages less than 5%. The Processor cue Length is not suppose to go over 2. If it does your suppose to add a processor. The server isn't that busy for a dual processor. It's a Pentium 600 with 1 Gig of RAM. The server is being used for an Application server and a Web Server. There is nobody connected to the web site. The application server part is only sharing files; no processor intensive duties. The server has SP6a. I haven't been able to check the disk performance yet. I need to turn on DISKPERF and reboot the server; however, the server is in production. I think the processor or the array controller may be to blame, but I have no proof yet. I need to know for sure before we buy a second processor. I used the performance monitor book to check for bottle necks; however, I did not find anything. Thanks for your help!!!!....
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

with that config and the lack of usage you describe you should not need a second processor..if the queue length is high without noticeable cause have you checked your system for virus's? also might want to run system diagnostics to see if there are hardware issues...in task manager anything running that you dont recognize? try terminating it if so and see if it makes a difference..
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
James Ross_3

MMM, I'm getting the same. I'd like an ideal threshold 'matrix' if younlike... but suppose it all depends on what spec your box is and what you are doing with it...
Newly Installed on 2000 node Network