cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To replace SCSI HD

penguin786
Occasional Visitor

How To replace SCSI HD

I need to know how to replace HD in RAID 5 and make it work. one of my Proliant server ML 370 G4 HD is giving me error and asking me to replace HD ASAP. i never replace HD in RAID 5. your early response will be appreciate.
2 REPLIES
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Re: How To replace SCSI HD

Hello penguin786,

If u have hot plug drive and smart array controller installed then u can unplug failed drive and insert new drive and it will automatically start rebuilding and Raid 5 can have 1 drive failure at a time.

Now by default if i am not wrong this sevrer ships with Integrated Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter which is not a smart array controller so it doesnt support hardware raid so if u have configured software raid then u need to use that software raid to rebuild data and i dont think so this server supports non hotplug drive so if it has smart array controller just unplug failed drive and insert new drive and it will automatically start rebuilding and thats it.

Thanks regards
Sammy :)
penguin786
Occasional Visitor

Re: How To replace SCSI HD

Thanks for your reply, yes it does have Samrt array 641 controller and configured with RAID 5 it is ML 370 G4 proliant. and i got error message at post about possible failure of SCSI ID 1 HD failure is imminent. so i just need to insert new HD and it will rebuilt it self i dodn't have to do any thing. is there any place on net i can read about HW RAID and how to configure HD RAID.

Thanks