1753731 Members
4609 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How can I disable the internal Array controller in the DL380 G3

Arco van Pieterson
Occasional Advisor

How can I disable the internal Array controller in the DL380 G3

I put an array controller in the DL380, the 5312, because it is faster.
Now I want to disable the internal array controller, because it's giving POST errors, because there are no drives attached to it.
Who can help me.
4 REPLIES 4
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

When you boot, go into the F9 RBSU. Under advanced options, there is a selection for F1 boot delay (not sure about the correct wording). You can change the setting to Delay which will put up the F1 option, but then go away, or disable it tottally so the F1 message doesn't even show up. I personally would stick with the Delay option.
Arco van Pieterson
Occasional Advisor

Tnxs for the answer, but i wasn't complete in my question. I ment to says that the POST errors are appearing on the diagnostics screen while we are doing a burn in test.
I just saw that if you clear all the logs en start over, the POST error isn't reappearing. So de solution is clear the logs after the problem is solved and the problem was a array controller that wasn't finished yet.
Andre Goinar

Hi !

First I think that you haven??t set the new controller to boot device. So boot your System and press "F8" while Smart Array 5312 is initializing then set it as boot controller. There??s no reason to disable the 5Si. When you look on systemboard switches there??s no dip to disable, the only way you can deinstall the controller is by solving 5Si from systemboard.

Megmrc
Arco van Pieterson
Occasional Advisor

Long solved