New Discussion юеВ

How can I find info and drivers?

SOLVED
Go to solution
sc123
Occasional Advisor

How can I find info and drivers?

I have a Proliant ML350 G4 server. I need to find the following for it:

-Original system specs, i.e. the parts that shipped with the box from the factory
-Is there a HP program that will scan my machine (Windows 2003) and report what drivers/firmware are updatable?
-I can't even figure out if this thing has a built in RAID controller or not - just says "LSI Adapter, Ultra320 SCSI 2000 series" in the device manager. I want to make sure I have the latest firmware but I don't even know what to look for because I don't have original part numbers/names.

I found the following page which appears to have the software I need but I think in general HP really doesn't make it easy to figure out what you need:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279707&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397642&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

Am I missing something obvious? Sorry if this is old hat for you HP/Compaq guys - I'm new to HP servers.
5 REPLIES 5
sc123
Occasional Advisor

Re: How can I find info and drivers?

Thanks for the links. The first link, though helpful, would have installed dozens of applications I don't want or need - I'm really just looking for driver updates and it didn't seem to have any.

The second link was great for firmware, but only found two devices that could be upgraded, and both already were. I know there is more firmware on the system that could be upgraded, but perhaps there just aren't any new packages available.

Finally, I still need to determine what originally came with the system and if the LSI Adapter is RAID capable. I have a feeling it isn't.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

if you installed the PSP you will have an utility that says HP insight diagnostic (survey section) and will tell you you HW specs

if it is the U320 Card it won't be RAID capable
just open Array configuration utility(ACU) and if ACU detects a controller it will be a smart array always RAID capable

that it the latest Firmware CD and if the only items updated were 2 there is no more updates

if you want to check
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279707&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397642&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
sc123
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Karlo - the ACU verified that no RAID controllers were installed. Why anyone would purchase a server without a RAID controller is beyond me, but at least I know.
sc123
Occasional Advisor

See thread