ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753544 Members
5756 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How can I prevent SNMP Alarm Messages created by a Fibre Channel Adapter in a HP DL580 G2 Server?

AndreasM
Occasional Advisor

How can I prevent SNMP Alarm Messages created by a Fibre Channel Adapter in a HP DL580 G2 Server?

Hello,
I have two Fibre Channel Adapter (Light Pulse PCI Host Adapter from Emulex Corporation) installed in a HP Proliant DL580 G2 server (Operating system =Windows Server 2003).
They are supposed to connect to the Modular Smart Array 1000. However, the MSA-1000 is not used currently in our system and switched off.
So the Fibre Channel Adapters create alarm messages in the Insight Manager (status=Failed Loop)
In order to avoide these alarm messages I tried many things:
1) Unplug the cables from the controllers
2) De-activate them in the System Rom BIOS
3) Disable them in the Device Manager
4) Uninstall them in the Device Manager
Uninstalling them does not help since after the next reboot they are installed automatically again.
Nothing so far has helped since the alarm messages for the Fibre Host Controller with Status "Failed Loop" for FCA-2101 are still being created.
How can I get the system to stop creating these alarms via SNMP? Can I accomplish this without dismounting the server from the rack and taking those adapters out?
Please let me know.
Sincerely
AndreasM
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: How can I prevent SNMP Alarm Messages created by a Fibre Channel Adapter in a HP DL580 G2 Server?

All you have to do is go to HP Management Agent go under the tab service and remove what you want to disable.

Dan

PS don't ferget to apply you're points
AndreasM
Occasional Advisor

Hi Dan,
thank you first of all.
Your answer gives me a sense but not the solution.
Under HP Management Agent is only the "HP System Management Home Page" on the server
https:127.0.0.1:2381 (had to remove the slashes because no embedded html-Tags are allowed)
After logging in as local Administrator there are four Tabs:
Home, Settings, Tasks, Logs
There is no Tab "Service", however.
Under the given tabs Traps cannot be configured or disabled, it seems.
Perhaps there is s.th. left to do in order to get the Tab "Service"?
Please let me know.
I'll be more than happy to pass 10 points if I really get this configured. I pass 6 now anyway.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

Daniel meant "HP Management Agents" in Control Panel not System Management Page.

so there so will services and you remove the one related with your Cards

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Karlo,

It that what i wrote...read again?

I wrote:
All you have to do is go to HP Management Agent go under the tab service and remove what you want to disable.

Where is ''System Management Page'' in this paragraphe.

Dan

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

yes

that's what I saying HP Management Agents AndreasM thought that that was in System management homepage

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
AndreasM
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
so many times people are not "that" exact with their descriptions and since I didn't notice (or better remember) the Icon in Control panel I just figured wrong.
Had you said "Go to Control panel, HP Management Agents..." all had been clear.
Anyway, I passed the four missing points to Dan and 10 to Karlo for clearing it up to me.
It was done in two minutes...
Thank you.
Andreas