1748142 Members
3513 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How do I auto-boot servers after power failure

Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

How do I auto-boot servers after power failure

I have a various assortment of servers, DL360 G1-G3, 1600, DL380 G2-G3, and others that I want to autoboot upon the restoration of power. I looked in the bios on a few of them and didn't see anything. Is there a way to set them to power-on when power returns?
6 REPLIES 6
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

The better solution would be to install these servers on a good UPS.
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/index.html
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

The entire room is on UPS. I have the UPS shut the servers down when the battery get's low but I need a way to have them boot back up when power is restored.
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Anyone??? I can't believe there isn't a way to do this. If there isn't, then Compaq/HP has some serious problems in their designs.
Antonio Luiz de Oliveir
Frequent Advisor

Well, I don't know any manner to make the servers power-on automatically. what I know is you can give a remote wake-up command using ILO or RIOLE II to boot your server.
Hope this helps.

Junior
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Unfortunately it doesn't. Not all of my servers have RIB/iLo boards and I don't want to use WOL if I don't have to.
Rod Steel

I've just been through the config of this with my ML370s and APC UPSs. Under Suse the halt script included the -p option which caused the 370s to power themselves down, rather than wait for the UPS to power them down. If you halt the servers without powering themselves down and let the UPS do it, they will automatically reboot when power is restored, just like the 'last state' bios behaviour I was looking for.

Hope you have it solved already anyway!