1753613 Members
5797 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How do I disable the ASR on Windows 2003

Joackim_1
Occasional Contributor

How do I disable the ASR on Windows 2003

Can anyone kindly give me instructions on how I can disable the ASR on a Windows 2003 Server (HP proliant DL380)
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

from System ROM Settings F9 or F10
System Partition depend what Generation for DL380
Marc Muller

Do you have Insight manager? If so you can also disable ASR from the System Management Homepage\recovery\autorecovery option.

Hi Just take note that on certian PSP Versions you are unable to Disable ASR thru the HP Management home Page if this is the case you can Disable it thru the Bios/System Rom of the Server on the System availability Option depending on what Module of server you have

For interest Sake are you loking in disabling ASR Due to the HPQILO2 errors after upgrading to PSP8.20..?

adamth0
Occasional Advisor

Just in case anyone else is ever looking for this - if you want to make changes to the ASR configuration (eg enable or disable ASR) through the HPSMH, the HP system management homepage must be set to use SNMP as a data source, NOT WBEM.

It might be fixed in later SPPs, but it seems to be the case on 8.60, at least.

rozboris

Indeed, if you set the data source to SNMP you will be able to reset ASR and Reboot Count in the System Management Homepage. Thank you, I spent 3 days trying to clear that error!