ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748182 Members
3555 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How do I get RAID status via BIOS/BMC/ILO only?

rewurzberger

How do I get RAID status via BIOS/BMC/ILO only?

I monitor the undercloud for an IaaS operation. RAIDs are configured prior to installation of any OS or hypervisor. Our customers install the software (OS or hypervisor). I have no knowledge of what gets installed, nor I do I have access to the software; only remote access to the BMC/ILO port. I use a Linux system as my monitoring host. How can I obtain the status of a remote Proliant RAID from my local Linux box using only the hardware (BMC/ILO) port of the remote server? I get some information via IPMI sensor query usint "ipmitool", but that is very limited.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

IPMI should be disabled for security reasons.

ILO 4 or 5 or earlier?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@rewurzberger wrote:

I monitor the undercloud for an IaaS operation. RAIDs are configured prior to installation of any OS or hypervisor. Our customers install the software (OS or hypervisor). I have no knowledge of what gets installed, nor I do I have access to the software; only remote access to the BMC/ILO port. I use a Linux system as my monitoring host. How can I obtain the status of a remote Proliant RAID from my local Linux box using only the hardware (BMC/ILO) port of the remote server? I get some information via IPMI sensor query usint "ipmitool", but that is very limited.

Depending on what generation servers you are working with you can get varying levels of hardware information via iLO.  With iLO4 and iLO5 there is a good amount of storage data you can get from iLO by itself. You can get more deteled information if AMS is running on the host

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/detail/pip.5219980.html

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!