ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752719 Members
5751 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How do I install Windows XP on a HP ProLiant ML350 G4p Storage Server?

Cavy_2
Occasional Contributor

How do I install Windows XP on a HP ProLiant ML350 G4p Storage Server?

I've tried loading a SCSI Smart Array driver (6i, 641..ect.) and a LSI Lgice PCI Fusion Driver...and after installing, it flashes a blue screen and reboot and will continue to do this until I turn off the server competely. I know Windows XP shouldn't be on a server, but I need to do it for training purposes.

Any help would be awesome.
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Segel
Occasional Advisor

Check your array settings, and try turning off MaxBoot if it's on (I think that's what it's called - it's one of two options in the array settings, and when it was turned on on one of our servers we had trouble booting it like you describe.)
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

Cavy,

one questions, why don't u use your Storage Image for installing the server and install XP on a VMaschine? VMWare offers free virtualisation Software

think thats much easier ^^

cheers
michael
RufusG
Frequent Advisor

If you do succeed in loading WindowsXP, the Graphics will be very poor and there will be no sound - apart from the noise of the Server fans !
Cavy_2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys for the help.

Here is the whole story:

I need to setup Windows XP for 12 servers in a training class. Once I have 1 image of the server with XP on it, I will send it to my Ghost Server for future classes. I only have 1 harddrive in, so I'm not trying to make it a true server anyway.

Rufus...there's no sound because there is no sound card. We have usb sound cards for that. Even though it looks crappy...how did you install it?