ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753300 Members
7278 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How do I make the 380 ignore keyboard state?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

How do I make the 380 ignore keyboard state?

I need my rack mounted systems to be able to boot without a keyboard plugged in. I've referenced the jumpers on the motherboard at SW2 but nothing looks obvious for the keyboard. Is this something that can be set using the config CD?
Thanks, - Jim
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I make the 380 ignore keyboard state?

Solution: in case anybody else is interested,

Hit F10 during bootup to go into the BIOS system utilities menu. Use Ctrl-A to make sure the advanced feature set is turned on. In Hardware Setup, find the switch labeled F1 Bootup Up (or something like that) and disable it. That's it.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

How and when do you get into the BIOS, I have a RAID 431 controller in there and the F1 to boot issue. I press F10 all during the boot up from the moment I hit the power button to the time it's asks me to press F1 to boot...how do I get into the BIOS??????
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The system has to have had the standard Compaq Utility partition created and installed with appropriate utility software. This is an install option. I don't believe this can be installed after the fact. I've made a habit of installing it on all new servers and this is one instance where it paid off. Conversely, you may be able to boot from your Compaq build CD and run the utilities that way although, some versions I've found don't support the 'Advanced' option set which is required for setting the F1 Boot issue. - Jim
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Actually F1 boot prompt only ignores the error... Not actually a good thing in most cases.

What you really should do is - Go into F10 setup (doesn't matter if it's advanced mode) and set a keyboard password. Then turn on "Network Server Mode". This allows the system to ignore the missing keyboard during boot and will also allow you to attach one later and simply enter a password to use it...