ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753451 Members
5780 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How do I remotely manage a Linux operating system on my BL460c with IRC i.e. remotely move the mouse

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael1
Advisor

How do I remotely manage a Linux operating system on my BL460c with IRC i.e. remotely move the mouse

Hi,

Currently I'm writing this to ask for help so that my mouse will work with the installed software (Fedora 7) via the Integrated Remote Console (IRC) of my BL460c.

The background here is that I have a BL460c in bay1 of a c3000 chassis. With the HP Onboard Administrator I can launch the IRC by making my way down to Device bays and iLO.

I managed to install a Linux platform in the Bl460c with a DVD. At all stages I had to use the keys on my PC.

I notice that when I launch the IRC there are now two mice cursors on the screen. One mouse, which moves, controls whether four buttons near the top on the right hand side are pressed or not. These are CAD, Virtual Media, Power and Exit.

The other mouse cursor is for Fedora and stays in the middle of the screen. The only way to move this second mouse cursor is to use a second mouse. This second mouse is plugged into a USB port which in turn is plugged into a dongle that goes directly into the BL460c. Therefore my remote connectiviy is destroyed as I am unable to remotely manage the operating system on the BL460c.

WRT remote connectivity as it stands all I can do is look at the operating system on the BL460c as even keys like ALT-A for the Applications menu doesn't work. Is fixing this a licence matter or some setting somewhere?

So, would anyone know how I can remotely manage the operating system on my BL460c?

All help would be much appreciated.

-Michael
2 REPLIES 2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How do I remotely manage a Linux operating system on my BL460c with IRC i.e. remotely move the mouse

First, Fedora is not a supported OS on c-Class servers, so you can have anormal behaviour.
Second, something that can cause problems with the mouse in ILO2 is the "high performance mouse" setting on the ILO.

As a workaround, disable the High Performance Mouse as follows:
Navigate to the Remote Console Settings page.
Change the setting for the High Performance Mouse to "NO."
Michael1
Advisor

Many thanks vcespon. That is a great help. I can now manage my mouse on the Fedora screen remotely via the IRC once I set the High Performance Mouse to 'No' as you suggested. There still are two mice cursors present with one tracking the other but I can live with that.