108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I roll back to the previous firmware version

Jessie_O
Occasional Advisor

How do I roll back to the previous firmware version

Hello
I have a somewhat similar problem.
I tried to update the firmware version of my DL380 G10 server, the SPP was supposed to be latest version, but I made the mistake of updating and downgrading all the options by selecting “force” as well for options that didn’t need updating.
Please how do I roll back to the previous firmware version so that I can attempt a new update of only the options that needed updating ?

Thanks!

P.S > Admin : Post moved as a new Topic from How to downgrade to an older SPP firmware automatically 

1 REPLY 1
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: How do I roll back to the previous firmware version

Hi,

If you already used latest SPP to deploy server component firmware, then there are very less chance that firmware get downgraded to older version.

The "Force" option also appears if the firmware of SPP repository and local host inventory(existing firmware) are on same level.

So as roll back plan, If you always use SPP to deploy firmware then you can use N-1 SPP/SPP which you have used last time to deploy firmware on your server.

Use interactive mode to deploy SPP and select the component you wish to downgrade/upgrade firmware from inventory list.

Else if you have list of component which you forcefully downgraded/upgrade firmware. We would suggested go for individual component upgrade.

You can download individual component driver and firmware from HPE driver and download page.
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/search#t=All&sort=relevancy&numberOfResults=25

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo