ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752404 Members
5755 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How do you set the SCSI speed for ML330 G2 integrated scsi?

WayneDH
Occasional Contributor

How do you set the SCSI speed for ML330 G2 integrated scsi?

I am resending my request for a solution to the following problem related to the integrated SCSI on the server feature board.

I have a brand new ML330 G2 with built-in DUAL U3 scsi channels off the server feature board. I am trying to install a Quantum Altas 10K II 18GB scsi drive. During bootup, the SCSI bios scanned and found the Quantum drive, but only connected the drive at ASYN 8-bit mode which I believe is only 5MB/s, not U160 16-bit sync mode that both the card and the drive are capable of. The SCSI bios identifies itself as "HP Ultra3 BIOS 3.02.3/Adaptec 2003" and it does not offer any means to modify the bus speed, unlike the genuine Adaptec bios. I am using the scsi able that came with the system. I've also tried a different SCSI cable off another server that was running the SCSI at 160MB/s U160 mode. It appears to me that SCSI card failed the bus negotiation with the hard drive and falled back to the lower speed. I've also tried two additiional scsi drives (Seagate and IBM - the IBM has Compaq part ID) and got the same results.

I've completely lost here. Does the Compaq SCSI BIOS only recognize specific Compaq drives?
I must have missed something obvious here.

Any help?

Thanks,

Wayne