5614 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to Auto reset single NIC in DL360 G4p

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marty Neilan

How to Auto reset single NIC in DL360 G4p

Due to a possible firewall / comm issue, we are having to periodically disable and re-enable one of the two HP integrated NIC's in a Proliant 360DL G4p running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. Firmware and drivers have been updated. Right now, we do that by right-clicking the icon for that NIC in the systray. I would like to set up a batch file or scheduled task using a command line to accomplish the same process for disabling and re-enabling that single NIC.
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to Auto reset single NIC in DL360 G4p

hi there,

here is answer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q311272

The DevCon utility is a command-line utility that acts as an alternative to Device Manager. Using DevCon, you can enable, disable, restart, update, remove, and query individual devices or groups of devices. DevCon also provides information that is relevant to the driver developer and is not available in Device Manager.

You can use DevCon with Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. You cannot use DevCon with Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition.

I think this is waht you have been looking for or something else.

or
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/default.mspx?mfr=true
Script Center Home > Script Repository > Networking > Client-Side Management

Look for scripts.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Marty Neilan

Thank you much for your response. We have setup a batch job that runs the following and accomplishes the job nicely:
devcon disable @PCI\VEN_14E4^&DEV_1648^&SUBSYS_00D00E11^&REV_10\4^&19638ECB^&0^&11E0
devcon enable @PCI\VEN_14E4^&DEV_1648^&SUBSYS_00D00E11^&REV_10\4^&19638ECB^&0^&11E0
Marty Neilan

See last post for solution thanks to PrashantS