4648 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

How to Provide Power From System Board to Quad USB Card in DL380-Gen10

circlesoccer
Occasional Contributor

How to Provide Power From System Board to Quad USB Card in DL380-Gen10

Hi Team,

We installed Quad USB card on HP DL-380 Gen 10 but its not working. We believe card needs additional power to work. Card have 1 - LP4 (4 pin, Molex Large Drive Power) Male & 1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug.

How to source power from system board?

Please help to resolve this.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to Provide Power From System Board to Quad USB Card in DL380-Gen10

Hi,
What is the exact card model/description?  Did you check if this card is compatible with this server?

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee.

>> Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

>> Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

circlesoccer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the reply.

Card model is StarTech PEXUSB3S44V 4 port Quad Bus PCI Express.

Card is detecting in OS. The problem is we want to provide additional power to the card. There is Power Port in the card, one LN4 & one SATA port. But we don't know from which port in the system board to take the power.

Kindly help on this.

Thanks!

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

I checked the card specs, but looks like that cable has to be plugged into a power supply, example desktop power supplies, I could not see if this card is compatible with a server.

I went through the Q&A at Amazon regarding the extra power for this card, I see that this card is suitable for Desktops with power supplies which give out extra power.

But as far as I know, this system board cannot supply power to this card, it has to come from power supply and the server power supply cannot do that.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee.

>> Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

>> Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo