1753278 Members
5574 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to Rebuild p400 Array

kahoot
Occasional Visitor

How to Rebuild p400 Array

My ML270G5 server has p400 controller. i use 3 hard disk in RAID5 configuration. one of my hard drives failed and i replaced it with a new on of the same capacity but my Server 2003 does not boot now.

actually i get to the Windows 2003 server loading logo and just before the desktop should load my server restarts. If i disable automatic restart i get 0x00000ed stop error. I tried to use recovery console to use chkdsk but it shows error that volume has some unrecoverable problems.

When i plug i the new device and boot, i see a message that my p400 controller is ready to rcover the array. I cannot log into Windows, so i am asking how can i rebuild the array without getting into windows.

4 REPLIES 4
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

You should be able to press F8 during the p400 initialization during the boot sequence.  This menu should give you a few options. 

The problems you are having though seem to indicate more than just a single drive failure, but possible a multiple drive failure or array failure.  You may need to recreate the array, and restore the data.  Normally a single drive failure would allow windows to boot just fine.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You could also boot on the smartstart CD and get more options / diagnostic tools. See the tools ACU and ADU. It's the ML370 G5 right?
kahoot
Occasional Visitor

Sorry for late respose,

I have tried F8 to use the last know good configuration but it does not work either. I have booted from Hp smart tools cd and ran the ACU/ADU and it does not show any problem with other drives. It also shows that my new disk is ready of auto recovery.

kahoot
Occasional Visitor

I did that exactly, but there is no option to build the array. My new disk appears as ready for recovery