cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Host IP of a Server

azfar-adib
Occasional Contributor

How to change the Host IP of a Server

I am using a Proliant DL 360 G4 Server, having an OS of Linux 2.4.21-15.EL. The server has 2 IPs configured in two ports. One is the management IP through  which I enter the server and perform configurations, Another is the payload IP,through which payload traffic will enter. The server default home page is displayed when the management IP is entered as URL. Now, I want that  this page will be disaplayed when  the payload IP will be entered as URL.

That means the host IP of the server need to be changed. So that  when a person will put the payload IP in browser, he will enter  to server home page.

Can anyone please suggest what command can be used for this task. An early response will be highly appreciated.Thanks.

4 REPLIES
BradV
Valued Contributor

Re: How to change the Host IP of a Server

It's difficutl to tell.  You need to tell us what version of Linux you are running.  Also, not sure what you are asking.  It sounds like you want to make the iLO port ip address the same as the host OS ip address.  You can't/don't want to do that.  Please give some more information.

azfar-adib
Occasional Contributor

Linux version is 2.4.

Acutally,what I want is- I shall define which IP will actually act as the host IP for the server. The server homepage will appear if this IP is put in URL

BradV
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry, but that still does not make sense.  Are you running a web server in your OS?  Is that what you mean by server homepage?  If so, the ip address you assign in your OS to the on-board nic is what will be used to access your web page.  The iLO address has nothing to do with this and should remain seperate. 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I don't know what kind of web server do you have, but for apache you can configure in httpd.conf on which IP the server will listen.

>> How to change the Host IP of a Server

I think this is NOT what you want to do!

You just want web server is listening on the second IP address instead of the first, right?

Example for httpd.conf:

Listen 192.0.2.1:80
Listen 10.0.2.5:80

if your server has IPs of 192.0.2.1 and 10.0.2.5.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!