Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check temperature on Compaq DL servers

thiru_1
Occasional Advisor

How to check temperature on Compaq DL servers

Hello,
I have 2 qs
1) How to check server temperature(or processor temperature) remotely?I have DL380, 580 and 760).i used CIM, but no details on temperature. Is there any other tool for that?I dont want to physically check it as i have many servers scattered around.

2) I would like to calculate BTU. How can i retrieve the amp and volt details without inspecting physically.

Thank you
7 REPLIES
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Re: How to check temperature on Compaq DL servers

1) On Management Agent page go to evironment, there are all temperatures describes
2) You can calculate using quickspec for each server or use powercalculator:
http://h30099.www3.hp.com/configurator/calc/Power%20Calculator%20Catalog.xls
regards,
Andrzej
thiru_1
Occasional Advisor

hi,
i am using CIM7 and i dont see environment link
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

I don't remember how it is displayed in CIM7, but you can enter http://server_name:2301 and via management agent check this.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Each of the ProLiants mentioned above have the ability to manage their own thermal characteristics and have factory-set thresholds for each of the thermal sensors for both warning and halt conditions. Knowing the actual temperature is not useful because component operating temperatures vary from model to model, cpu to cpu and so-forth and the value being reported is not necessarily the temperature of that component since the thermal sensor may be located at some distance away from the heat source. A lot of work goes into determining what the sensed temperature translates to at the component.
thiru_1
Occasional Advisor

hi,
In CIM7, after put the port 2301, still couldnt see the variables..

Actually i just wanted to find out the CPU's temperature as Data Center guy here wanted to know to plan out cooling capacity and i really dont want to go to 1:1 to check it out...anyone?plsssss
Robert Dimov
Occasional Visitor

Afternoon,

I guess you have WIN2K installed and the compaq agents installed so point your browser http://servername:2301 login once it redirects you, then on the screen you will see under the "Recovery" title Environment link.... select this and it will show you the CPU's Temp.
Ive got a question that ive also just posted is why do I see 4 cpu temps when monitoring with a SNMP viewer?.. Im going to graph the chip temp's with on our servers using MRTG

hope this helps????????
thiru_1
Occasional Advisor

ha'ah...finally...
But,i am seeing some strange thing here..i have 8 cpu but seeing 11! why? also, what does the "type" of "blowout" means?