1752808 Members
6056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to configure multiple NICs

Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

How to configure multiple NICs

We have a DL360G2 with 2 7781 nics, teamed to one IP and a 6134 GB nic with another IP. I'm looking for information on any best practices as to how to configure them. At boot time we continually get a 4319 error that a duplicate computer name exists, and ipconfig does show that the same computer name is tied to each of the NICs. Can I change the computer name for one of the NICs to prevent this error?
4 REPLIES 4
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

Re: How to configure multiple NICs

Hi, you need to install Nic Teaming Software, you can download them from:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/download/20449.html

You can configure your nic's in faillover or in loadbalancing.

Hope this helps,
sinerly.
Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.
Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the note. We do have two of the nics (the 7781's) Teamed to one IP already. In addition to the two, Teamed nics, we have another single GB 6134 nic that sits alone. It is configured with another ip address. They both are tied to the same computer name when I run ipconfig. Is there any way to change this?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Is the NC6134 on the same network as the team? This is likely the reason you're getting this error, not because of anything really to do with teaming.

You may want to disable netbios to get rid of this.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

As far as I know you can't bound two different computernames to two different network cards on the same subnetmaksk IP range on a single PC server?

Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.