1752793 Members
6099 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to confirm the disk location on DL320 G3

Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

How to confirm the disk location on DL320 G3

I have DL320 G3 with win2003 installed as PDC of our office domain controller. Yesterday, I installed HP Storage Manager on it because I can not confirm OS volume(RAID1+0) status from ACU. It is a adaptec controller. After installing HP storage manager, OS volume shows degraded and only port 0 disk is working for the raid1+0 volume. If port 1 disk failed, we sohuld see port 1 disk with уАМ├ЧуАНicon, but now we just can see one physical disk. Now we want to try to replace the port 1 disk but from the HP storage Manager or disk LED, I can not verify the port 1 disk location. Even though I suspect the adaptec controller healthy. Now the period disk check is running via HP storage manager so that the OS volume degraded message raises on our system monitor in a while, Also we wonder how to stop the disk checking.
2 REPLIES 2
Manoj Mudaliar
Frequent Advisor

Hello Gryan

Launch Storage Manager and choose the Physcial view option to see the disks, then right click on the disk (at port 0) and choose "Identify Disk" option, and the led on that hdd will start blinking, now that you have identified disk 0, the other one is disk 1.

Hope this helps.

Manoj M.
Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Manoj

Sorry for the reply. I tried to start HP storage manager then go to physical device view as you said. Right click to disk but no
"Identify disk" option can be choosen. My HP DL320 has embedded adaptec sata raid controller. I am not sure whether it is related to disk firmware. Kindly please advise.