5188 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to confirm the installation PSP On Proliant

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

How to confirm the installation PSP On Proliant

Hi All

How to confirm the installation PSP On Proliant Server. On windows/Linux Box.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
11 REPLIES 11
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Prashant,
On a W2K machine for example you do the following to find out about the PSP:
START-->RUN-->REGEDIT-->HKEYLOCAL MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->COMPAQ-->CPQINSTALL......
Once you click on the last item then on the Right hand side you will see the version.
I am not sure about LINUX.

Regards,
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Any Daignostic Tool of HP can confirm the same thing.
Windows Diagnostics.
Survey.

Instead of opening the registry, bec it is hard to suggest to customers, some time.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Prashant,
I don't see any harm suggesting customer to check the installed Support pack. These days everyone knows not to mess around with the Registry. As for as the Diags and Survey etc they are more hardware info Utilities rather then Software.

Regards,
sputnix
Frequent Advisor

Hi Prashant,

put a SmartStart-CD in your Server and open the file cd:\compaq\csp\nt\setup.exe

A utility will show all installed driver versions and the new versions based on the SmartStart CD you put in, so you can compare this and find out which PSP is installed.

There is also a log file in the directory of your system disk c:\cpqsystem\log called cpqsetup.log, but you can nothing compare, you must be experienced to find out which driver versions are based on which SmartStart/PSP version.

For Linux check the install700.sh in the cd:\compaq\csp\linux directory.

andreas
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Have you thought about installing Insight Manager in your environment? Not only could you deploy PSP's but you could grant your users access to view what version your servers are running.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Doug Wogan

Can you please explian what are you refering to.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Manzar Y. Khan

If you are using HP Insight Manager (old Compaq Insight Manager) within your work environment then you can easily check which version of PSP you have.. Also you can maintain PSP verion on all server withing your organization by using HP Insight Manager and Version Respository!!

MYK
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

It's a managment tool from HP. Very helpful in keeping your servers up to date with HP drivers and firmware. Another great feature is the active monitoring it does. You could get a page or email based on a large number of variables. (servers down, hdd is filling up, ect..)

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/index.html

Systems Insight Manager is the latest but I would recommend waiting until the 4.1 release. I'm currently running Insight Manager 7.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Manzar Y. Khan

My Question was about comfirming the installation of psp on proliant server and you are on point but which option in im (Old) & CIM 7sp2 tells about the PSP version. Are you refering to version control pack in IM.

I rephrase it again. Any utility from compaq/HP or OS option confirms the installed version of PSP on server. It can by the means of survey/Daignotic from HP/ ....

Where as Sunil
yes we can confirm the way you told me very right about it. But when we request reports report for server daig and other options of Ltt for storages. We got all sorts of complied information but not this one(PSP). I dont know why. But still thanks to you about that help

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible