108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to confirm the number of installed NIC on linux

Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

How to confirm the number of installed NIC on linux

Hi, Expert

I have DL385 G2 installed with REHL4.
I want to confirm the number of installed NIC on the DL385 G2. I tried to access the HP management homepage and can login but nothing info shows to me.

ifconfig -a shows eth[0-5] to me so I think I have 6 lan port on the server. Then, I used lspci to see ethernet controller number, from the following output I think the server should have 4 NICs installed. Am I right?

-two HP NC360T dual-port NIC
-two single-port with Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708
==>
*** Q1. I am not sure what is the model name of single-port NIC? Is it onboard NIC port?

$ lspci | grep Ethernet
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)
0a:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
0a:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
42:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)
43:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
43:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

*** Q2. I wonder whether there is a command to confirm what NIC and how many NIC is installed on HP Proliant server? I have hpasmcli installed
but I am not sure what sub command of HP insight manager can do it?

Kindly please advise.
Thank u in adv.
2 REPLIES 2
Heironimus
Honored Contributor

Re: How to confirm the number of installed NIC on linux

You probably have two dual-port cards and two on-board ports. I think the newer Proliants all use bnx2's for their on-board interfaces. You can usually identify multi-port cards by looking at the ID in the first column - you'll have XX:YY.Z and devices with the same XX:YY are probably on the same card.

To see any cards in the Systems Management Homepage you may not have the cmanic package installed or it may not be started.
Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to confirm the number of installed NIC on linux

Thank u.