ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748288 Members
3391 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

How to enable PXE boot and grap MAC address from external 10Gb NIC card HP DL160 G9

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simpat
Frequent Advisor

How to enable PXE boot and grap MAC address from external 10Gb NIC card HP DL160 G9

Dear ProLiant Scripting Experts

I received more than 300 hundreds of ProLiant DL160 Gen9 servers with additional  NIC model HP Etherneet 10Gb 2-port 530T Adapter CNA. We working on PXE network boot environment. So, we need to enable PXE and collect MAC for setup DHCP.

I'm now using some python script and PowerShell such as Get-HPiLONICInfo. unfortunately, it return only embed NIC.

If I go to enable PXE boot in BIOS and collect MAC address manully, it would take me serveral months to complete this task.

I need help on how to scripting on:

- Enable PXE boot on external HP Etherneet 10Gb 2-port 530T Adapter - CNA  (IPv4).
- Collecting MAC Addresses of External NIC.

Any help would be very appreciate.

|------------- ( ^__^ )--------------|
I'm Happy when You're Happy
7 REPLIES 7
hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to enable PXE boot and grap MAC address from external 10Gb NIC card HP DL160 G9

Hello,

You could show NIC Interface: show /system1/network1/Integrated_NICs. Don't use ILO Mac Address as target.

Change the boot order: /system1/bootconfig1/bootsource3.

Don't forget to enable PXE on RBSU.

Sincerly,

Simpat
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to enable PXE boot and grap MAC address from external 10Gb NIC card HP DL160 G9

Hi

hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Hi Simpat,

- Begin to show all boot devices available: 

show -all /system1/bootconfig1

- If you see your additional NIC displayed, change the boot ranking remplacing "n" with your NIC ID and "num" by 1:

set /system1/bootconfig1/oemhp_uefibootsource<n> bootorder=<num>

Sincerly,

Simpat
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Thank you for the example command. This can be helpful for people who want to send command directly to iLO via SSH.

<hpiLO> show -all /system1/bootconfig1

/system1/bootconfig1/oemhp_uefibootsource1
  Targets
  Properties
    bootorder=1
    oemhp_description=Slot 1 Port 1 : HP Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530T Adapter - CNA (IPv4)

Actually, set /system1/bootconfig1 it is the same as my PowerShell cmdlet I have already used.

set /system1/bootconfig1/oemhp_uefibootsource<n> bootorder=<num>

Same as :

Set-HPiLOPersistentBootOrder -BootOrder Boot000C, Boot0008, Boot0009, Boot000B

Once I did appled BootOrder changed, it already enabled PXE boot automatically.

Anyway, as you can see above command  show -all /system1 it still cannot show MAC Address from external NIC card.  Do you have more solution for this?

Yours Hopefully

hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hello,

If you try with 'GET_EMBEDDED_HEALTH_DATA' you can show all server components informations. Use ('NIC'): filter to show MAC address.

I don't understant why you need to show MAC address while DHCP server does the trick?

Sincerly,

Simpat
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,

I found all data I need from GET_EMBEDDED_HEALTH_DATA but it show external NIC Mac address only when it have OS deployed.  However,  many thanks for this API, it pretty useful.

I can get MAC addresses from switches and DHCP, but it did not show MAC corresponding to Hostname, or Serial Number.

I need to do some manual switch port ID mapping MAC address with the excel sheet from installation guys for now.

Many Thanks, I apprecitaed your advice.

hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

No problem. You are welcome.

Sincerly,