ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753802 Members
8263 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to find out Firmware version without SIM and SMH?

Murat DEMIRKIRAN

How to find out Firmware version without SIM and SMH?

We have about 500 HP Proliant Server. Is there any tool or script to find out which server has which version of Firmware?
No posibilities to use HP SIM and %50 Servers have no System Management Homepage?
5 REPLIES 5
Shayne Heidemann
Regular Advisor

Re: How to find out Firmware version without SIM and SMH?

Very manuual, but you could possibly use the Proliant Support Pack installation tool to identify the firmware and driver versions.

This would be on a server by server basis though and for 500 servers, it would not be trivial.

It's proably quicker to install SIM and SMH if you want a report.

Cheers
Shayne
Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor

Hi

you can install able to view in the sim version controller management,as you said above that 50% of servers psp is not installed or not able to retrieve the data you can install SMH (system management homepage)alone and try below given link fyi

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-8300d57bb5424791b0e61652e8

Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Murat DEMIRKIRAN

When I install SMH in some servers using IIS, i got hunderds of application popup errors. In MPS Report it says Memory leak problem. This is just when I upgraded to the newer version of SMH and Insight agents for Windows. Therefore i can not able to install any SMH and any agents.
Aaron Blosser
Advisor

You could run a little WMI script to pull the information, although I'm not sure if that information is only registered in WMI if you have the HP agents installed.

Something like:
SELECT Name FROM Win32_ComputerSystemProduct

That will get you the model of your server... you might have to look around in the WMI namespace to find where the firmware is, but it is in there, I've seen it before and I just don't remember where. :)