ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745809 Members
3703 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

How to find out SPECIFIC hard drive info? (DL380 G6 running CentOS)

zdawg
Occasional Contributor

How to find out SPECIFIC hard drive info? (DL380 G6 running CentOS)

Unfortunately we're having problems with this server, I ran a preliminary smartctl command and it showed a huge amount of CRC errors.

Then persuing some forums I read that you're not supposed to use smartctl to directly query the controller in this type of server (Smart Array P410i).

I've been trying to find something that will provide me with similar (useful) output with hpacucli to no avail, it just tells me the drive is "ok" - I suspect the problem is either the SATA cable or the controller but I suppose that's besides the point.  I need to know the "official" best way to find out this kind of info if I'm not supposed to use smartmontools/smartctl (of course maybe the answer is you are supposed to use smartctl).

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to find out SPECIFIC hard drive info? (DL380 G6 running CentOS)

Hi,

Refer to this guide Hpacucli Utility for Linux - All Commands Guide.

Physical drive commands:
hpacucli> ctrl slot=0 pd all show ## Display detail information of PhysicalDrive  hpacucli> ctrl slot=0 pd 2:3 show detail

hpacucli> ctrl slot=0 pd all show status      ## Display Status of physicalDrive  hpacucli> ctrl slot=0 pd 2:3 show status

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo