ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752592 Members
3995 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to get firmware version of HDD in Proliant Servers?

nava_thulasi39
Occasional Contributor

How to get firmware version of HDD in Proliant Servers?

Hi,

I need to get firmware version of HDD in Proliant Servers which is running  ESXi 4.1.

How to get this information?

3 REPLIES 3
zgarenm
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

You have many on line tools like HPacucli/HPONCFG..etc can be used to manage ILO, BIOS, Storage..etc, in your case you can use HPACUCLI tools to get all details regarding the storage sub-system, see below the details:

1. you have to use HP ESXi customized Image if Not you have to install ESXI Offline bundle

* RECOMMENDED * HP ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware ESXi 4.1 U2

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4091432&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_29ebeeee4a6a44ce978ceec6c2%257CswEnvOID%253D4091%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vig... 

To check if you have already the HP tools installed please run the below command:

#esxcli software vib list | grep hp

2. run the below command to get all details about the storage sub-system:

#esxcli hpacucli cmd -q "ctrl all show status" 

the above command to get detail about the storage controller used

#esxcli hpacucli cmd -q "ctrl slot=0 pd all show status"

above command to get status of all HDD attached to the controller in slot 0 (embedded one)

#esxcli hpacucli cmd -q "ctrl slot=0 pd 1I:1:1 show"

to get all details (Firmware/model..etc) regarding the HDD in Port 1, Box 1 and Bay 1

please let me know if you need more details

Best regards

I am an HP employee
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

you should be able to get the details by running 'dmidecode' command through vMA appliance were the ESXi host is connected.

Example:

dmidecode |grep -i "Hard Disk" or dmidecode |grep -i "serial number"

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Hariom
HPE Pro

For ESXi 4.1 you can install offline bundle and HP RSM (HP Remote System Management Utility) which will allow to see install Firmware for hardwares. Detailed steps are available at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=3690376&prodTypeId=18964&objectID=c03100707

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo