ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752773 Members
4924 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to get the IP of the ethernet interface of a proliant server.

N Emp
Occasional Advisor

How to get the IP of the ethernet interface of a proliant server.

Hello All,

I have a small task that I am trying to figure out... "to find the ip address of the proliant ethernet interface".

Can anyone guide me if you have some idea about this?

What I have done so far...
1. I have figured out what are the iLO IP's in the subnet.
2. From that I have the Proliant Server details, like Serial Nos and Versions.

I was thinking if there is any way to get the mapping of serial no. and the ethernet IP.

Or, if u can suggest any other way to do it, it would be great.

I am stuck on this since a couple of weeks. Please help.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Taha Tungekar
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Which OS are you running on the servers?

Why don't you just use HP SIM and have all the asset reports created automatically? You can even choose which fields to display in a report.

Hope this helps.

Taha
N Emp
Occasional Advisor

Hi Taha,

We have something like 300 or more servers running globally. And thus the OS could either be linux or Win.

To describe what i wanna do clearly...

Suppose, I am sitting in China and I wanna locate one of the Proliant Servers which could be say in Europe and I may not access to the Management Interface.

What i do is, I scan the Subnet for any Proliant server (using nmap and curl) and thus I have a list of Proliant servers with their iLO Ips in the particular subnet.

Now, is there a way to get the IP of the Ethernet Interface (non-iLO Interface) in any way?

I hope I am clear now?

Cheers!

--------------------------------------
Hi,

Which OS are you running on the servers?

Why don't you just use HP SIM and have all the asset reports created automatically? You can even choose which fields to display in a report.

Hope this helps.

Taha
--------------------------------------
eclecticsol

In my experience, servers normally have fixed IP Addresses in an address space that is planned and managed within the organisation.

Allocating them is a clerical process and someone somewhere should have a list/spreadsheet/database of how your IP address space is used.