108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install Array Accelerator Batteries and Replace Harddisk

BBasra
Advisor

How to install Array Accelerator Batteries and Replace Harddisk

Hi,

As i recieved the error message below from the HP ACU on one of our servers

"The current array controller has one or more array accelerator batteries that have either failed or have insufficient voltage. Array accelerator operations such as Expansion, Extension, and Migration are temporarily suspended until the batteries are charged or in the case of a battery failure, replaced. "

I ordered the HPT351580-B21 HP SA641/642 128MB BBWC Enabler to replace the hp smart array 642 array accelerator batteries.

I have also had to order a replacement hardrive to replace one disk harddisk drive which is part of a Raid 5 Config. That is being reported as faulty by the LED on the disk.

How do i replace the Battery and install the New Harddisk bearing in mind that this is a live server and i have never done this before?

TIA
2 REPLIES 2
Shirish_4
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to install Array Accelerator Batteries and Replace Harddisk

Hi,
First you replaced BBWC and It will takes some 4-5 hrs to get fully charged eventhough it is new.After that heck battery status .Replaced faulty hard drive after BBWC fully charged.
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Re: How to install Array Accelerator Batteries and Replace Harddisk

Hi,

Before replacing the batteries upgrade the firmware of the array controller. There is a kown issue with firmware of these array controllers that will gives battery problems. You can download the firmware from the following site.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/23683.html

Above link gives online firmware upgrade components for Windows. This site will give you the installation instructions.