ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753848 Members
8601 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion

How to install HP SPP software, drivers, utilities etc.. without using HP SUM ?

Yaboto
Super Advisor

How to install HP SPP software, drivers, utilities etc.. without using HP SUM ?

Since I am getting challenges in installing the HP SPP trhough the HP SUM, is there not any other way to install all the SPP software, drivers, utilities, management agents ...components ?

How to do it in a traditional way without HPSUM ?

Thanks !

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to install HP SPP software, drivers, utilities etc.. without using HP SUM ?

Hi,

Please refer to this user guide.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03190790/c03190790.pdf

Refer to page# 11 & 40.

Thank You!

For product specific Guided Troubleshooting visit; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Click here to know, How to use HP Guided Troubleshooting?

I am a HP employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Re: How to install HP SPP software, drivers, utilities etc.. without using HP SUM ?

Hi,

As mentioned in the previous post, if you are getting error while using HP SUM try the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 Supplement for HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2013.02.0

For detailed steps or to Determine how you want to access the data on the ISO refer the SPP Guided Troubleshooting from below link:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=5104018&lang=en&cc=us

Go to Methods to Access SPP Image > Select the option you want to use.

You will get detailed steps for all below options.

Using HP USB Key Utility
Using iLO Virtual Media
Mounting SPP ISO Image
Copying the SPP to a hard drive

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
anthony11
Regular Advisor

You don't really need to mess with SUM, which last time I tried was still 32-bit and required all sorts of manual library installation.

What I do is sign up for notification subscriptions on HP's site for all of the servers, iLO generations, NICs, etc. that I care about, and periodically they sent email when these are updated.  At least they used to, in the last few months there have been many updates that I was never notified about.

So for each I go to HP's site, dig around to find the latest version of each, and stash the .scexe files, which can be run directly.  There's one of the 10GE NICs, Qlogic-based I think, that actually requires that one boot a .ISO to update, but mostly the things run from the commandline just fine.

# ./EG0300FBDBR-EG0450FBDBT-EG0600FBDBU-HPDA-CP019829.scexe

Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux  - EG0300FBDBR, EG0450FBDBT and EG0600FBDBU Drives
This Smart Component provides firmware for the following drive models:EG0300FBDBR, EG0450FBDBT and EG0600FBDBU
This package can install version HPDA.

This program consists of two phases: device discovery and device update.
    No device will be updated until you answer 'Are you sure?'.

Do you want to run device discovery? (yes/no): yes
Finding hardware. This may take a few minutes.
Found 10 devices.

There are 7 devices that can be updated.
    The devices have version HPD7 installed.
    7 devices have older ROM installed.

Do you want to update the 7 devices that have older ROM? (yes/no): yes
7 devices will be updated.
This should take less than a minute.

Are you sure? (yes/no): yes
Installed on 7 of 7 devices.
Installation complete.

The recent Broadcom firmware "components" for the onboard NICs errors on two steps out of three

Broadcom-2.7.20C-12-Apr-2013.CP020090.scexe

but seems to complete after being run a second time.

I gave up on PSP/SPP:

o Way too interactive

o Insists to replace device drivers and install other packages that I don't ask it to

o Longstanding bugs in the boot environment scripts that require re-rolling the .ISO file for every single version

o I didn't have a good experience trying to run it from the OS, and booting a .ISO image is a real hassle, and requires extended downtime.