HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Netware 6.5 on HP Proliant ML370 G6 server

Tuan Nguyen Quoc
Occasional Contributor

How to install Netware 6.5 on HP Proliant ML370 G6 server

I have a HP Proliant ML370 G6 server (Part 483880-B21) .This model doesn't support any operating system Netware 6.5 and i didn't know this before purchasing .I have bought this server for installing Netware 6.5 operating system in it but now since the array controller P410 doesn't support Netware os . SmartStart CD 8.4 not support Netware .

Pls give me advice !

Thanks !
4 REPLIES
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re: How to install Netware 6.5 on HP Proliant ML370 G6 server

hi Tuan,

Perhaps you can install ESX or Xenserver and then create a new virtual guest running Netware.

good luck!
Tuan Nguyen Quoc
Occasional Contributor

I cannot use ESX because I have not license for ESX . So , if I need Netware 6.5 on ML370G6 , what anything I do ?

Thanks !
Daniel Bowers
Trusted Contributor

There is a P410 storage driver for NetWare 6.5. You can get it under the Software and Drivers for the Smart Array P410 controller ( http://bit.ly/d4GBDT )

There's also an advisory saying you should use specific firmware revisions on the P410 for Netware 6.5: http://bit.ly/bejtnC

Try manual install using the NW CD, and injecting the driver.

PabloS_1
Occasional Visitor

Estimated, something similar happens to me, but I can not install the drivers in netware 6.5, in a proliant ml150 g6 the driver only when the console is installed, but I need the *. ham and *. ddi.
Any idea
Thanks