ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753265 Members
5142 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to install SmartStart on FreeBSD 4.10

Joe Nam_1

How to install SmartStart on FreeBSD 4.10

I have installed FreeBSD 4.10 on DL360 server and I would like to install SmartStart on it. Does the SmartStart support FreeBSD? If it does, how can I install it on the server.

Thx.
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

SmartStart is not installed on a server. SmartStart is a method to assist in server setup. If you have already installed the operating system, SmartStart has no bearing.

To the extent that FreeBSD is possibly compatible with Linux, it may be possible to install the HP drivers and agents using the custom install procedure for the ProLiant Support Pack for Linux. See http://www.hp.com/linux --> Platforms --> ProLiant --> Documentation --> "ProLiant Management Software for Linux" on page 27, "Custom Installs"

For information on other options, do a Google search on "proliant health freebsd"
Joe Nam_1

Thanks for your reply. Basically, I would like to setup a network load balancing function on FreeBSD. It is because I m only using one lan port of the server, the other one is wasting. I want to use both of them to increase the bandwidth to provide mail service in our company. So, what software should I need? is there any documentation for reference?

Thx again..