ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753297 Members
6535 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install Windows NT 4.0 OS in HP Proliant ML 330 G3?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andy Sujoto

How to install Windows NT 4.0 OS in HP Proliant ML 330 G3?

Hi,

I have a problem on installating Windows NT 4.0 OS in HP Proliant ML 330 G3 with Smart Start CD release 6.40.

I have tried 2 ways:
1. Using Smart Start CD, but the choices are Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 only, there is no Windows NT 4.0 option.
2. Using Windows NT 4.0 Server CD and dump-out drivers from Smart Start CD. but can't continue on step after specified HDD SCSI (Adaptec ..., i forgot the name).

Anyone ever experience same problem? How do you overcome that ?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Jon Ward
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: How to install Windows NT 4.0 OS in HP Proliant ML 330 G3?

If it is the ATA version, Windows NT 4.0 is not supported.

If it is the SCSI version, then it is supported. You then can hit F6 as early as you can during the NT 4.0 Setup and insert a driver diskette. The driver that you need is available on http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:cjfTyjKXTEAJ:h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15644.html+&hl=en .
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Andy,

You would need to press F6 as soon as the server starts booting off the CD; it├в s a black screen - Inspecting hardware, once you reach the blue screen part of the install, it might not take the drive
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Andy Sujoto

Jon and Vijay, thanks a lot for your help. That's what i am looking for.
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

FYI: I don't know if this will help or not. My tech told me that NT4 requires at least SP4 to detect SCSI. You may have an older NT4 Server CD, pre-SP4.

Good luck with it.

Pat