ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752866 Members
4015 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

How to physically identify hard drives in HP Proliant ML150 G6 when used with RAID 1??

badboyhouse
Occasional Advisor

How to physically identify hard drives in HP Proliant ML150 G6 when used with RAID 1??

I'm not familiar with HP servers.

I have a client who has a Proliant ML150 G6 server with RAID 1 on HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID.

According to the system the two hard drives are identified as:

Port 1i – Box 1 – Bay 1

Port 2i – Box 1 – Bay 2

What I would like to know is, when physically looking inside the system, how do you identify which hard drive is Port 1i – Box 1 – Bay 1 and which hard drive is Port 2i – Box 1 – Bay 2?

thanks in advance?

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to physically identify hard drives in HP Proliant ML150 G6 when used with RAID 1??

This is the bay layout:

1-2-3-4

5-6-7-8

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Geraldo45
Advisor

Re: How to physically identify hard drives in HP Proliant ML150 G6 when used with RAID 1??

If the server has windows on it, then you will most likely have the Array Configuration Utility installed, open that and change the view to physical so you see individual drives.  When you select a disk, the physical disk will flash more so than the other disk making it easy to identify.

Alternatively you can use HP System Management Homepage, select the drive and click on the Identify button.

HTH

C