1754020 Members
7507 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

How to recovery data when raid error or cannot rebuding

BaoTrung

How to recovery data when raid error or cannot rebuding

Hello Everyone

My name is Trung and I from in vietnam.I used hp prolitant dl350 g5 server.It verry old.I used 4 HDD in 72 gb SCSI.I config RAID 1+0 in  4 HDD.Last week my system drive failure leads to not being able to boot up. When the alarm system boot boot press F1 to continue and deactivate the logical drive or press F2 to accept data loss and to restore the logical partition. I press F1 no matter what happened. Both F2, too. I have tried to give a different hard drive is still not self Rebuding. Then I took 3 HDD is not plugged into a server error similar hp no RAID configuration, the system receives 3 drive but the data is completely lost without any data found. Now I needed the old data on the hard drive because it is very important to me. I just spent the data recovery program, only to find the data before reformatting the hard drive (HDD because it has been used once before) data was later restored, but still find it completely Full error. Do I need to plug the HDD into the old server to the other three received the old partition and then restore the data or separate hard drive the other three to be able to restore data. I tried 3 separate hard drive the other out but can not recover the data. Please help me. I really need this data. For a week now I try so many ways but not recovered. I have to do. Is my data lost completely or multiple RAID configurations to the new system to receive data. If I can please only program that can retrieve other data without errors. I have tried so much but failed. Thanks all

1 REPLY 1
PStraz
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to recovery data when raid error or cannot rebuding

Hi!

Taken from http://www.computerweekly.com/answer/Recovering-from-a-two-drive-failure-in-a-RAID-10-configuration:

A RAID 10 configuration comprises two or more mirrored pairs of drives. Drives that are on each "side" of the mirror have data striped across them in a RAID 0 format. This combination of mirrored pairs (RAID 1) and striping (RAID 0) is how RAID 10 gets its name. Because you must have at least two mirrored pairs to create a RAID 10 array, the minimum number of drives in a RAID 10 format has to be four.

So it's possible to recover data if two drives in a RAID 10 configuration fail, but it's dependent upon which two drives fail. Consider a four-drive RAID 10 setup where drives A and B have data striped across them and are mirrored by drives C and D on the opposite side. This RAID group can recover if any or all drives in a stripe fail, but not if both drives in a particular mirror fail. Therefore, we can recover if drives A and B or drives C and D fail, but not if drives A and C or drives B and D fail.

You must first be 100% that you have to right order of drives from your RAID 10 config.

I have then used this software (R-Studio) with success to repair the broken RAID:

http://www.r-tt.com/

Good luck !