4978 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

How to reinstall Windows Server 2019 in HP Proliant DL-380 G10

ManishChawda
Frequent Advisor

How to reinstall Windows Server 2019 in HP Proliant DL-380 G10

Hi,

Can anyone guide me as to how to reinstall Windows Server 2019 on HP Proliant DL-380 G10.

No changes required at hardware or other level only reinstall OS.

Please advise!

Manish

8 REPLIES 8
support_s
System Recommended

Query: How to reinstall Windows Server 2019 in HP Proliant DL-380 G10

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant Servers - Microsoft Windows: How to Initiate a Crash Dump

2. HPE ProLiant DX380 Gen10 Plus Server User Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to reinstall Windows Server 2019 in HP Proliant DL-380 G10

Hi,

There are more than one way to install an OS on a server.
This depends on your company, like what type of Media they use, CD/DVD/ISO/Online/ROK.
This article may help you from HPE and Microsoft.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

You may directly boot from the windows ISO to manually install the OS or use Intelligent Provisioning (F10 option on POST) to install. 

Below links for your reference. 

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00049893enw 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00069681en_us 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ManishChawda
Frequent Advisor

Re: Query: How to reinstall Windows Server 2019 in HP Proliant DL-380 G10

I wanted simple solution as to if I select my USB drive as boot drive with Windows Server 2019, will it boot from that USB and can I start the reinstallation ? Will normal Microsoft Windows will come and present as Custom / Upgrade and from there I can start reinstallation.

Since I have never done such installations thats the reason Simple ? Please advise. I do not have to do anything with the underlying hardware. Everything is perfect just reinstall as we do in nromal desktop.

Hope this is clear. 

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Yes you should be able to install using the bootable USB with the OS image on it. The method that you mentioned should work. Make sure you take care of the data backup. 

If you are stuck with the installation process or need further assistance with installation, you may contact online chat support or phone support for your region. 

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/contact-hpe.html 

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hello @ManishChawda 

Let me know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thankyou
Suman

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

Jimson_Antony
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have taken backup, by wbadmin.msc of C drive, how can I restore to new Server? please guide me.

Old Server Model : HPE DL380G10 

New Server Model: HPE Dl380G10 Plus

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Jimson_Antony

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo