New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to remove VID drive in DL560 Gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
kinkingunta
Occasional Advisor

How to remove VID drive in DL560 Gen10

Dear everyone,

We just reinstalled our DL560 Gen10, due to it still keep rebooting randomly.

We installed Server 2016 from Intelegence Provisioning, choosing manual installation, instead of Assisted Installation. For testing purpose, we're not plug-in the any LAN cable/ Internet Cable to the server, so it just DL560 Gen10 with keyboard, mouse, external dvdrom to install. Without MSA, without anything, we unplugged the unused like fibre cables.

After we successfuly installed Windows Server 2016, we found an unknown drive in Explorer, named VID, size 509MB, write protected. We could not remove it, unless we uninstalled it from device manager, named iLO LUN 00 Media 0 USB Device.

Any idea how to remove/ disable it? We read the previous discussion and the RBSU seems different from DL560 Gen10 had.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Kinkin Gunta
4 REPLIES 4
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

You can do following and check,

1. Update ILO firmware to latest.

2. Disable VID (Intelligent Provisioning->BIOS/Platform Configuration(RBSU)->USB options->Virtual Install Disk-Disable)

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

kinkingunta0108
Visitor

Dear sudhirsingh,

Thank you for your kind reply, we will try it later, since the server is running right now.

Noted : Disable VID (Intelligent Provisioning->BIOS/Platform Configuration(RBSU)->USB options->Virtual Install Disk-Disable)

Thank you

kinkingunta
Occasional Advisor

Hi, fyi, I already tried to Disable VID thru :

(Intelligent Provisioning->BIOS/Platform Configuration(RBSU)->System Options->USB options->Virtual Install Disk-Disable)

at last, found that option to disable VID

strange thing is the VID appear again in File Explorer, so I reboot the server, try to enter IP again to disable VID, when enter RBSU from IP, it keep loading, no sign of finishing, well until now... I'll update later

Best Regards

Kinkin Gunta
kinkingunta
Occasional Advisor

in the end, I hard off the server by hold power button, and try to reset RSBU to default, and VID was gone after that, strange indeed.

Best Regards

Kinkin Gunta