Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run SSA on Windows?

Protechonline
Occasional Advisor

How to run SSA on Windows?

Hi

On a ML350p G8 with Windows 20012 R2 installed, how do you run the SSA (what was ACU) from the GUI/desktop?

I know you can press F5 on boot but I want to access it with rebooting the Server. 

Thanks

Dave

5 REPLIES
Protechonline
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to run SSA on Windows?

Hi 

I have installed that fine on  several servers but how do you run SSA? there is no shortcut anywhere?

Thanks

SyntaXT
Advisor

Press Win button on keyboard and start typing "Smart" then it will show in search results.

Then you can right click and choose "Pin to Start" or "Pin to Taskbar" and it will be shown on "Start screen" and Taskbar.

Protechonline
Occasional Advisor

worked thanks
waaronb
Respected Contributor

This is one of the reasons a lot of admins (at least the ones I pal around with) don't really like Server 2012 (or Windows 8). For server work, I never really thought I needed some fancy "designed for touch screen" interface... I like my good old start menu with all the programs right there. If I want my favorites somewhere, I thought that's why MS let you put shortcuts on the desktop.

One of the first things I do on all my Server 2012 installs is install ClassicShell and hide all the Metro stuff, disabling the smart corners. It's just too bothersome, especially if you still have 2008 R2 systems and don't like using 2 different interfaces depending on what system you're managing. It gets old quick.