4647 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to set info in BIOS

Chris Friedmann
Advisor

How to set info in BIOS

Hi,
I have about 500 DL380 G2-G4 servers that I need to update the Asset text info in the BIOS. Is there any way to do this within the operating system?

Thank you,
Chris
11 REPLIES 11
Chris Friedmann
Advisor

Anybody?????
Chris Friedmann
Advisor

What is the use of this forum if I never get a response. In the past I have submitted several questions and not a single one has received a single answer. A simple yes or no would suffice. I guess I am just wasting my time with you guys.
Andy Blackburn

I have never heard of a way to edit the asset tag info within the BIOS from within the operating system. On any manufactured machine.

Patience is a virtue, some questions require more research before answering than others. Also, this seems to be a busy forum, and I have only been here a day, so your question could have got shunted off the front results page.
Chris Friedmann
Advisor

Thank you for the response, that is what I figured.

My problem with this forum is that this is the first response I have ever received from any question I have ever posted to this forum. It is frustrating.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hello Chris,

I have not found any options under to OS to set the Asset information. I also looked through the ILO Manuals, and found nothing. System Insight Manager MAY be able to do this. I haven't got an instance in front of me to check this, but the Help Guide for SIM says it should be possible (from what I understand). Have a look here:
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/sys-book_5.pdf
on page 560 and see if that's what you require.

Regards,
Stephen
Adrian G. Wood

Chris

The Conrep utlity in the SmartStart Win32 utility set allows you to do this from within Windows (you didn't specify the OS).

Adrian

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24722.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Chris Friedmann
Advisor

I'm sorry I didn't reply back here sooner. My contact at HP gave me this solution earlier this month and it is working great.

Thanks
Chris
pj_11
Super Advisor

Chris,

Could you explain what you did.How you got
around this.Was your solution different to
forum members answers.

PJ