5302 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to setup KVM manually on ProLiant ML10 Gen9

psom
Occasional Contributor

How to setup KVM manually on ProLiant ML10 Gen9

Hi,

I am trying to set up AMT and KVM using the manual mode described here: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04996527

I can connect to the machine via the AMT Website using the the 16992 port, but I can't make KVM work.
Have I getting it wrong and this website is all that the proLiant ML10 offers? I don't hope so.

There are some unclear points in the user manual. Mayby someone can clarify it to me:
(I am using DHCP mode and have enabled "everything".)

- page 9 of the manual: What is the "domain name" for? I don't have an SCS (that's why I'm in the manual setup mode). What can I enter here? We don't have (use) an explicit domain here - just a bunch of computers and a samba file server.
I also don't understand the "Dynamic dns Update" entry. Is that needed?

- page 10: "Transition to the newly-provisioned state"
1. select "Activate Network Access" from the Intel AMT configuration menu.
There is no menu entry "Activate Network Access" in my AMT configuration manu.

Who can enlighten me?

4 REPLIES 4
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Hi there, 

I would request you to log a case with the concerned HPE support team in order to further assist you on this as I believe we will need to remotely login to the ML10 Gen9 server and then verify the points mentioned in the user guide shared. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
psom
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shruti,

thanks for your message and please excuse my lyte reply.

Do you have any idea who I can talk to about this? I got my server in Germany, but not directly from HP, but from a reseller who is not really familiar with this machines.

Regards,

Paul

ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Hi Paul, 

Not an issue. 

Please submit a case to HPE. 

Please find the link which would guide you to do the same : https://support.hpe.com/help/en/Content/myItEnvironment/supportCases.html

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
psom
Occasional Contributor

Hello ShruthiSK

Meanwhile I got in contact with HP and was told that the ML 10 Gen9 has no KVM at all, even so the manual suggests so.. It just offers an AMT web page on port 16992 to start and stop the machine and to watch some uninteresting version and status codes (not even a S.M.A.R.T status).

After all the Ml10 Gen9 is not really what I expect to be a server.