ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751710 Members
5111 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to update firmware via ilo for RHEL.

shahnawaz

How to update firmware via ilo for RHEL.

Dear team,
we have a blade 680c g5 server with rhel 5.i have to update firmwares like ilo,bios via ilo 2 connection.with the help of OA i can take the ilo console To send firmware image but how can i find out .bin file for latest updates to use from here for RHEL 5.
2 REPLIES 2
THAKUR
Frequent Advisor

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If you have the health agents running on the server you can run the .scexe files in a shell on the server itself to update the various firmware. If your not running the agents, about the only firmware you can update is iLO. To unpack the .scexe file for iLO to get the .bin file the command is

filename.scexe --unpack=/directory/to/unpack/into

You can then use the iLO web interface, or through the OA to update iLO firmware

You can also download the BladeSystem Firmware Deployment tool to update all the firmware, but you have to boot the server via iLO virtual media to run it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=2510373&prodNameId=3288150&swEnvOID=4006&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-285811933ab2411b9999dc3e2b
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!